As a result of advances in medicine and technology, life expectancies continue to increase. With people living longer, new issues have arisen that affect the senior population. Elder Law is an area of law that has developed in response to these issues. Many of the issues deal with “planning”:
- What will happen to my assets upon my death?
- Does my estate have to pay taxes when I die?
- What is the best way to protect myself in event of future incapacity?
- How am I going to pay for nursing home care?
- Will I lose all of my assets paying for long-term care?
- How can I save some of my assets for my children or grandchildren?
- Can we save the family business for our children?
- Can we leave money to our disabled child without them losing government benefits?
All of these questions and more can be answered with the advice of an Elder Law Attorney.
Michael D. Weinraub, Certified Elder Law Attorney, provides experienced Elder Law, Life Care Planning, and Estate Planning services to clients in New Jersey, including, but not limited to, South Jersey and the surrounding communities of of Atlantic City, Ventnor, Margate, Longport, Galloway, Egg Harbor Township, Linwood, Northfield, Somers Point, Brigantine, Hammonton, and Ocean City; and in Atlantic County, Cape May County, and Ocean County.